POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED. THANK YOU!
Deaf Community Engagement Manager
Reporting to the Development Director, the Deaf Community Engagement Manager will be part of a dynamic Communications team. Initially this role will be funded by a 1-year grant from the Philadelphia Department of Public Health to improve public health messaging for the Deaf, hard of hearing, and DeafBlind communities.
We are seeking a creative, entrepreneurial, and outgoing individual who is dedicated to getting the job done. While our aim is to build broad awareness, our key messaging targets/user audiences are public health information and Deaf/hard of hearing/DeafBlind people.
The position can be partially or fully remote initially, but the Deaf Community Engagement Manager must be available to work in the Philadelphia region for on-site meetings with partners, etc..
KEY INITIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
Convene a large group of Deaf, hard of hearing, and DeafBlind organizations to discuss and formalize a communications and response plan for future public health, natural or manmade emergencies in the Philadelphia region.
Create tools, specifically a database, that can streamline assistance to Deaf, hard of hearing, and DeafBlind residents in emergencies and disasters.
Work closely with DHCC’s Executive Director to strengthen and expand the network of organizations providing services to the Deaf, hard of hearing and DeafBlind communities in the Philadelphia region.
Create content through social media and other channels that drive interest and trust in DHCC and its partnering organizations during emergencies and disasters.
Experience and Skills:
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills; Proven track record of growing engagement between individuals and organizations
- Understands how to collect data and make it useful to a wide variety of uses.
- Experience creating and managing databases
- Collaborative team leader with a passion for the mission and the success of the organization
- Strategic thinker with strong execution skills
- High energy and integrity; gracious professionalism; and strong interpersonal skills
- Responsible and conscientious, with solid attention to detail
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial attitude and the imagination and ability to initiate and innovate
- Flexible and willing to adapt to changing conditions and focus
- Fluent in American Sign Language; native user preferred
- Comfortable learning new technology
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Ken Wesler, email@example.com
DHCC is an equal opportunity employer. As such, we make employment decisions based on each person’s performance, qualifications, and abilities. DHCC expressly prohibits discrimination in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.