Training & Workshops
Open and equal communication among Deaf, hard of hearing and hearing individuals
Training & Workshops
DHCC offers on-site Training & Workshops that cover a variety of sensitivity topics and CEUs related to open and equal communication among Deaf, hard of hearing and hearing individuals. DHCC will work with your schedule to make the trainings available to your staff. Our standard presentation is 2 hours; however DHCC can adapt to meet your needs. Our goal is to educate (not to create a scheduling headache) so you can provide better services to your Deaf and hard of hearing customers, patients, and coworkers. In addition, our trainings are frequently used to meet an organization’s continuing education requirements for their employees.
Who can benefit from this?
Businesses, social service agencies, government departments, educational institutions, hospitals, and organizations of all types will find these trainings beneficial. Those who may benefit the most include organizations that have Deaf or hard of hearing employees, or those who provide services to Deaf or hard of hearing consumers.
Knowledgeable DHCC presenters with first-hand experience will cover topics such as:
- Laws relevant to communication access for individuals with a hearing loss
- Common challenges, impacts, and characteristics of hearing loss
- Linguistic and cultural diversity among Deaf, hard of hearing, and hearing populations
- Strategies for effective communication
- How and when to request access services such as a sign language interpreter, real-time captioning services (CART) and/or other devices, and how to use them effectively
- Information on additional DHCC services, such as sign language interpreters and CART, that assist organizations with ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) compliance
Type of Training and Workshops
DHCC coordinates workshops for different purposes and different target groups, including Deaf and hard of hearing people, hearing people, and interpreters. DHCC’s workshops may last two hours or two days. We can design workshops to meet your needs. Please contact us at 610-604-0450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.